WHAT IS NCYC's TOP TALENT
NCYC'S top TALENT is a contest for high school students planning to attend the 2013 National Catholic Youth Conference in Indianapolis. The contest is sponsored by Heart Beat Records, America's premiere distributor of independent Catholic music, in partnership with the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry, sponsor of NCYC. The winner will record their own album with Heart Beat Records, and the finalists will each get one song on the album NCYC'S top TALENT volume two, on The Buzz label.
From now until October 31, 2013, Heart Beat Records will accept and review demo recordings either on CD, flash drive, or via online posting. They will select finalists to audition in person in Indianapolis on Friday, November 22, 2013, during NCYC. (NOTE: finalists must be registered NCYC attendees to participate.) The top ten finalists will then perform on Saturday, November 23, 2013, in front of a live audience of peers and a panel of expert judges.
Guidlines to Follow
• Be high school students in November 2013.
• Plan to attend/register for the 2013 NCYC in Indianapolis.
• Be solo singers or singer/instrumentalists - we cannot accept bands or choirs at this time.
• Submit completed contest registration and permission forms, a demo or web link to the demo, a photo and short biography, including any previous music experience, by October 31, 2013, sooner is preferred.
• The demo can be any song suitable for a Catholic youth gathering, an original song or a cover. It does not need to be specifically Catholic or Christian, and could be a pop hit, but lyrics must not be in any way offensive and may not contain inappropriate language or messages contrary to Catholic teaching or values.
• You may submit more than one song with your application if you wish, but only one application per person.
• A contemporary or pop song will be more suitable than liturgy or hymns. We are looking for someone who could be a Contemporary Christian recording artist.
• You may stand a better chance of making the finals if you choose a song that other people might not think of. Avoid the obvious like Adele or Taylor Swift songs as they will make you sound like everyone else!
• If you are under 18, your parents need to know that you are applying, as they must give their consent for you to appear, and also their consent for you to enter into a recording contract if you win or become a finalist.
Only one entry per person. Submissions will not be returned. Those under 18 must also include the parental permission form in order to compete.
Visit the Submit Page for contest registration and parental/guardian permission forms.